I stayed relatively close to home after the morning Holmes had dragged me from my chair to read an article about an Orchestra. I'm sure he must not be well, the poor man. Perhaps I need to reconsider moving out? Put it off until a later date when he is a little more stable? But then,will he ever be?
He emerged once again today, but not until the late evening. He was dressed well for once, fully clad in his best suit. I was fairly well dressed myself, knowing I was going to a show. He greeted him and again he said very little. Nothing short of "Good evening" And "Our ride awaits." I followed him, still very concerned as to why he wasn't speaking. I had considered a sore throat, but his speaking was fine for the few words he said.
We climbed into the hansom and as it pulled away, Holmes stood and closed all the windows, making sure the door was sealed tight and sat across from me. I looked up at him, an eyebrow raised as he took a breath and began to speak.
"I've been considering this engagement of yours, my dear Watson. I have spent days thinking it over, in fact." I watched as he shifted. "I am a strange man, Watson. Of this I am sure you are aware. But the depths of my strange ways are not known to anyone, not even you."
I gave him the most confused look. I must have looked like a complete moron, but he continued anyways. "You must promises not to strike me, or leave me early should I tell you exactly how strange I am. Do you promises this?"
"Holmes. There isn't a single thing you could tell me that would make me think less of you." I tried to assure him, but his eyes fell to the ground.
"We shall see after the show."
He refused to say another word until after the show was over. He would not tell me what this was about. Not until we were safely back in Baker Street.
No comments:
Post a Comment