Today, just shortly after breakfast, Sherlock Holmes appeared from his room for the first time in five days.
I had been begging him to come out for two days, concerned for the fact that he had been eating very little. He sung the door open, smiling at me pleasantly and taking a bit of my toast before he disappeared into the bathroom to shave and clean himself up. In honesty I was confused.What made him come out? Was he feeling better? why did he act as though he had been out every morning?
I don;t like it when Homes plays games and I certainly don't like it when he tries to pretend he feels nothing. I'm sure he does. He is a man after all... In any case, that was not the strangest occurence of the day. What truly struck me as odd was what happened when he re-appeared.
He returned to the table, standing beside my chair, without a word, until I finished breakfast. When I set my fork down, he took me by the hand and forced me to stand up. Still with no words, he pointed to an article in the papers. 'Orchestra to play Beethoven.' I asked him if he wanted me to go with him, and he nodded frantically. I agreed and he seemed pleased, but again disappeared to his room.
I wonder what in the world he's up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment