Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Strange Happenings

There have been some rather odd happenings of late. Things that I don't think I need the subscribers of the 'Strand' to hear,so I have decided to keep this note-book locked safly away in my drawer. At least this way I will be able to keep track of events for myself in later years without anyone peeking into it, unless that someone might be Sherlock, but there is no way to keep his nose out of anything.

I suppose I should mark down what prompted this in the first place. Holmes and I were seated at the dining table a week ago, chatting on and off about recent events when the conversation turned to my engagement. I am set to move away from 221b Baker Street in a few weeks and despite my constant re-assurance that I will be a frequent visitor, Holmes always seemss so upset when i speak of it. This case was no acception.

I told him simply that I was looking forward to seeing the married side of things, which in honesty is only a half truth, but that is better left explained another time. Holmes became very quiet, much more quiet than I would have thought possible for the man when he was not in deep thought. After a moment he stood from the dining table and uttered his last words before disappearing for the night.

"She is lucker than she'll ever know, dear fellow. Your affection is a powerful thing."

I attempted to question him on the matter, but his door closed without an answer. I do wonder what in the world prompted words like those and why he is still refusing to move from his room, even after four days.

Something must be wrong with Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment